Lonogest running conference dedicated to the
Get a glimpse of MagMin 2014:
Access this video on mobile.
Wolfgang Mueller, Head of Unit – General Policy, WTO and Industry Relations, European Commission, Belgium
Inès Van Lierde, Spokesperson, AEGIS; Secretary General, Euroalliages, Belgium
Emmanouil Tsontakis, General Manager, Terna Mag, Greece
Bogdan Evtimov, Partner, Dentons, Belgium
Dr. Haris Yiannoulakis, Research Engineer, Grecian Magnesite, Greece
Albert Li, Analyst, Industrial Minerals, China
Samantha Wietlisbach, Principal Analyst, IHS Chemical, Switzerland
Senior Representative, Glass Alliance Europe, Belgium
Vasili Nicoletopoulos, Director, Premier Magnesia LLC, USA
Alireza Ganji, Assistant Professor, Islamic AZAD University, Iran
Claude Lorea, Deputy Chief Executive and Industrial Policy Director, CEMBUREAU, Belgium
Ian Wilson, Consultant, Ian Wilson Consultancy, UK
The world premier conference for the magnesium-compounds industry
Established for over a decade, the Magmin 2016 conference once again set the stage for global experts to discuss and debate the most important issues in the Mg compounds industry.
Of course, as with every year, we focus on many different trends, not just refractories.
Other materials and applications up for discussion will be synthetic magnesia, CCM, magnesium chemicals and an array of end uses from hydrometallurgy to animal feed and environmental.
2016 will see Industrial Minerals Events take delegates to the heart of the European steelmaking industry. Düsseldorf is on the doorstop of many important end users for the refractories industry and we want to ensure you’ll have ample opportunity to meet your competitors and associates but also your customers.
Together with our sister company Metal Bulletin, we will be leveraging our contacts in the metals industry to make sure the benefits of attending MagMin 2016 are made clear to Purchasing and Procurement Managers from the end user industries.
Topics of discussion included:
- Is there still hope out there? The future for junior miners;
- Survival strategies for weathering the current dampened price environment;
- The future of premiums correlated with higher grades – what will the margins resemble?;
- Steel industry growth or decline – examining carbon and stainless global growth;
- What form are company restructurings taking for magnesite miners?;
- Where will prices be moving over the next 12 months? Have we entered a new norm?;
- CCM, DBM, EFM – looking more closely at the individual markets;
- China MgO production and trade on the international markets;
- Where are we likely to see new refractories plants springing up?; and
- Discussions around the future of refractory recycling.
Who should attend:
- Magnesium oxide producers
- Magnesium hydroxide and chloride producers
- Industrial minerals logistics solutions providers
- Inspection companies X Technology companies
- Sintering plants
- Other refractory materials producers; alumina, graphite, chromite
- Steel mill procurement officers
- Purchasing officers for cement and glass industry
"A strongly recommended introduction into the world of magnesia minerals, from all relevant perspectives"
- Bogdan Evtimov, Partner, Dentons